Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Greenathon - an exclusive media-corporate initiative towards green world

I have been watching NDTV news channel for a long time. For more or less every time, I switched over to that channel, it was in front of my eyes. A very star-casted programme with green shades and templates around the display area of the channel. Its all about NDTV's Greenathon. The terminology at the very first instance leads us to think about something related to marathon about green. Yes, it is obviously so. But in a very awesum way, that king Khan and Priyanka Chopra couldn't resist.

SRK & Priyanka Chopra
 Greenathon was India's first ever nationwide campaign to leap towards the green healthy saviour of the environment. It began in  April, 2008 as NDTV - Toyota joint venture.



Dr. R. K. Pachauri and India's Minister for Environment, Jairam Ramesh, did support the campaign enough well and appreciated such a massive initiative for a better place to live. I have always found NGOs and some prsonalities did come up with initiatives that rocked the stage but lacked the strength and monetory support. 

This telethon was striving towards raising funds and donate money for TERI's initiative - Lighting a billion lives. I can say surely that this was aimed at providing solar power to the villages without power.

And for this era, when the term TRP, USP, etc are gaining their fame, no such programs can be thought about without celebrities, ministers and common-men's debate. There I stand for them as a gaining point. Of course not as a celebrity ! 

But whatever it takes, if its for the green, there I stand with my hands ready to be at work. Greenathon have raised money of Rs.11,60,72,242. It has spread its wings over 580 villages, liting up 145090 lives.





There I request please put forward your hands and help to raise money. Online money raising is available here. Or else taking this concept as an example, please come up with other ideas to help the environment to be green.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

 

My land, My voice, My words Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates