Sunday, June 26, 2011

BET Awards - Giving international stage for humanitarian awards

Well, the international entertainment shall not be deprived here in this blog. The negativities available on the articles shall be quenched with some best moments in the world. So, I had to blog about this. I really wish this article won't be thought as a useless part on this blog. Thank You.

Patti LaBelle performs at the BET Awards on Sunday, June 26, 2011, in Los Angeles.
Gladys Knight presented Patti LaBelle with the Lifetime Achievement Award at Sunday's ceremony.


Steve Harvey was recognized for his humanitarian work at BET Awards, about amid awards for the top artists, actors and athletes."A true gentleman who acts like a comedian but thinks like a citizen of the world" BET Chairman and CE Debra Lee called him so as she presented him with the Humanitarian Award.

"I plan to hold myself up higher because I've gotten this wonderful award," the 67-year-old singer said, and then she grabbed a microphone and sang a pair of hits, including the breakthrough hit "Lady Marmalade."
Harvey and LaBelle were among dozens of artists recognized at the BET Awards, which were presented at the Shrine Auditorium.

Lil Wayne also came on stage when Nicki Minaj accepted her award for best female hip-hop artist.
"I can't believe for the first time I get to share a moment like this with the person who saw me rapping on a staircase," she said of the rapper and producer, who was incarcerated when she won the same award last year. "Lil Wayne, I love you."

 Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, DJ Khaled and Ace Hood shared the stage for "Hustle Hard." Alicia Keys unveiled a new song, before lapsing into "A Woman's Worth," for which she was joined by Bruno Mars, and her hit, "Fallin'. 

BET also took a moment to pay homage to Clarence Clemons, Nate Dogg, M-Bone, etc.


The most interesting thing about Kevin Hart's "Real Husbands of Hollywood" sketch is that it isn't that much more outrageous than any of Bravo's "Real Housewives" shows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

 

My land, My voice, My words Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates